Hey there, I’m David Lohle; a programmer and systems administrator from NYC. I attend
University at Buffalo, currently pursuing a B.S. in computer science. I’m a dedicated,
hard-working student with a passion for software development and systems design. I have 7
years of experience working in IT, and write software in Python, Golang, Java, C, C++, and
- AlwaysOnlineRedux - A Bungee proxy plugin that caches user information to cross reference when Mojang authentication servers go down.
- AutoDonorStatus - A Spigot/Bukkit plugin that automatically promotes users who donate.
- BungeeBetterJoinMessages - A Bungee proxy plugin that broadcasts join messages to all networked servers when players login.
- BetterFly - A Spigot/Bukkit plugin that enables users to fly with persistent state saving, and configuration options.
- BungeeAFK - A Bungee proxy plugin that tracks user activity and broadcasts to all networked servers when players go AFK.
- BungeeDeathMessages - A Bungee proxy plugin that broadcasts player death messages to all networked servers
- Direwolf20 1.7.10 Hotfixes - A collection of scripts to fix bugs within DW20 that could not be fixed via original source editing.
- Plex Tracker - A Flask webapp that lets Plex server owners track what’s hosted, and allow users to request new content.
- SHIELD - A data protection solution that schedules automatic backups for distributed, cloud-based services.
- SparkBot - A Python-based assistant used with TeamSpeak and IPBoard to announce server status & close off-topic discussions.
- Vis - A Flask webapp that was created to aid in visualing antenna placements for Northrop Grumman Amherst Systems.
- YOURLS Tox Support - A YOURLS plugin that allows Tox ID shortening
Skills & Experience
I run various online services, such as:
- File hosting - A temporary file host that allows for quick image and file sharing.
- Minecraft multiplayer server - A voxel-based multiplayer game, built on the Spigot and Bungee API.
- OpenVPN server - A VPN protocol that excels in bridging clients into local networks.
- Starbound multiplayer server - Another adventure sandbox multiplayer game, running on the developer-provided multiplayer software.
- TeamSpeak - A VoIP voice and IM chat server.
- Terraria multiplayer server - An adventure sandbox multiplayer game that’s built on the TShock API.
I’ve been approached by various NYC small businesses, groups, and people for:
- Web design - Ranging from CMS to online shopping and inventory availability.
- Worked with Django, Drupal, Flask, Ghost, Hugo, Joomla, Node, WordPress and more.
- Novel solutions - Finding low-cost answers for niche requests.
- Ex: Using old, cheap Android phones to track equipment location (among others).
- Phone systems - PBX setup and call routing.
- Worked with Asterisk.
- Tech support - Assisting diverse groups of people in helpdesk-tier support
- Worked with Android, ChromeOS, iOS, macOS, RHEL, tvOS, Windows, Ubuntu and much, much more.
I’ve worked with the following companies:
- Stark & Wayne (currently employed)
- Cloud Architect, working with various IaaS and cloud application platforms to build and support large-scale apps.
- Northrop Grumman Amherst Systems
- Collaborated with Amherst Systems for a senior design project, creating a webapp that allows for antenna placement and visualization.